Work with us › Small Grants Fund
Small Grants Fund
YHO are offering local groups the opportunity to apply for small pots of money to fund projects with a focus on improved health and wellbeing. This grant will be made available to groups within the voluntary and community sector of Oldham, monitoring will be an expectation from all grant recipients.
- A constituted voluntary or community group.
- A Registered charity or community interest company.
- Another type of constituted/not for profit organisation.
- An annual income of under £80,000.
- A willingness to complete monitoring and evaluation in line with the funding application.
- Your grant application must benefit the people of Oldham.
- We are especially keen to encourage applications which benefit people living in the most socially deprived areas of Oldham
- Groups who support people with long term health issues, disabilities or their carers are encouraged to apply.
- Applications for one off pieces of equipment will be considered if they demonstrate a benefit to local people/projects that meet the grants criteria.
- We especially invite partnership/joint applications which unite two or more groups in the Oldham area.
- Encourage more physical activity for people who are currently leading sedentary lifestyles.
- Improved access to healthy food.
- Educate on the importance of eating healthily.
- Reduce alcohol consumption or educate on the health risks associated with drinking above recommended limits.
- Improve mental health and wellbeing (including projects that focus on the 5 ways to wellbeing).
- Increase social activity (reducing isolation).
- Raise awareness of the health risks associated with smoking tobacco, shisha pipe smoking or chewing tobacco.
- Promote the importance of healthy lifestyle choices and how that can reduce the risk of disease and illness.
- You have previously been awarded a grant and have not completed monitoring.
- Your annual income is over £80,000.
- You apply for a party, trip, meal or one-off outing that does not demonstrate significant community benefit.
- For activities of a political or exclusively religious nature.
- The activity or project does not focus its aims on benefiting the people or community of Oldham.
- For deficit funding or repayment of loans, interest or fines already built.
- YHO will work in partnership with several partner organisations to decide the beneficiaries of the grant money. All panel members are asked to declare conflicts of interests/relationships with applicants.
|Grant Pot Allocation
|2 x £1000
|4 x £500
|8 x £250
Funding Panel Members
Sarah Lever – Your Health Oldham
Raz Mohammed – Your Health Oldham
Liam Wilson – Your Health Oldham
Andrea Entwistle – Oldham Council
Sharon McGladdery – Action Together
Simon Shuttleworth – Service Manager (Districts)
Review of YHO small grants funding programme
A review will take place in December2021 looking at the type of projects being funded and who has applied.
The following elements will be looked at:
- Health impact of the grants on local community.
- Quality and relevance of the applications in line with overall objectives.
- An audit of geographical areas/communities across Oldham who have applied and successfully been awarded grants.
- Ages/ethnicities/relevant diversity will help us gauge where we may need to improve our presence/promotion.
- Aim for 50% of grants recipients providing a case study (with pictures).
- Assess money left in the pot and create a funding plan for 2022.